This article will discuss how you can connect your Chromebook to your monitor through several options. You shouldn’t be limited to only a single screen with your Chromebook. There are not many ways to accomplish this task, but whatever methods are available will undoubtedly let you enjoy service on another monitor screen without needing to put extra effort.
Use of HDMI to Connect Chromebook to External Monitor
You can connect the external screen with your Chromebook in a quick and efficient way with the help of the below-mentioned steps. An HDMI connection is always better than a wired medium.
- You can create an HDMI cable connection if the Chromebook offers an HDMI port. You may find the HDMI port adjacent to the USB ports on Chromebook’s side. If you don’t know much about the HDMI port, then please be noted that it is a six-sided port that comes with slant form corners at the bottom.
- One end of the HDMI cable needs to be inserted in this port, and the other on your monitor’s HDMI port available at the back.
- The connected monitor will get detected by the Chromebook automatically and will instantly display to it. In case nothing appears on your screen, tap on the extreme right corner below on the taskbar of Chrome, and press on the Settings. In the Settings menu, tap on Devices appearing in the menu leftwards, go to the Device section and tap on Displays. All the connected displays will appear on your screen. You can further make adjustments in the settings as desired.
- In case you don’t see an external display on the screen or the settings aren’t working well for you, you may proceed further to troubleshoot your HDMI connection.
Use of USB-C Connect to Connect Your Chromebook to an External Monitor
To connect your Chromebook to an external monitor via USB-C port, you can follow the steps that we have mentioned below:
- The USB-C port can be used to connect an external monitor; however, you will need an HDMI cable, USB-C cable, and a USB-C to HDMI adapter.
- You will have to attach the USB-C port to your adapter. Further, connect the HDMI cable of the adapter to your external Monitor. That’s all you have to do.
Connect an External Monitor with Chromecast
Individuals who need a wireless connection can connect their Chromecast device to the Monitor and further make casting possible with your Chromebook.
- First, check if the Chromecast is attached to the Monitor and turned on or not.
- Then go to the bottom-right corner of your Chromebook, and tap on Settings.
- Further, click on “Cast” to check the available devices for casting on that particular network.
- From the list available, find out the Chromecast device and click on it.
- Your Chromecast desktop will get displayed on your Monitor connected externally.
- The larger Monitor can now be used as your primary display.
So, these were the steps with which you can connect an external monitor with a remote desktop.