Personal Hotspot is one of the most common features that we find in almost all the smart devices. It is an amazing feature that enables users to share their device’s internet connection with other devices. It is the safest way to share your internet connection with others. Well, using this feature on smartphones follows a much different pattern as using it on the computer systems. And today, most of the modern operating systems come along with this functionality. One such operating system is Windows 10. If you are one of the users of this operating system, then you have this ability to use it. Windows 10 operating system provides you with this feature that allows you to turn your device into a Wi-Fi hotspot for sharing the internet connection with other devices. You can easily enable or disable the Mobile Hotspot feature in your Windows 10 computer system.
Do you use the Windows 10 operating system on your computer? Want to use this feature but don’t know how to do that? If that is the situation, then now, there is no need to go anywhere. This report will tell you how to do so. In the following article, we have provided the procedure to enable and disable the Mobile Hotspot feature in Windows 10 computer system. If you want to get the methods, please read the complete article.
The Methods to Enable and Disable the Mobile Hotspot Feature in Windows 10
Enabling or disabling the mobile hotspot feature in Windows 10 computer systems is an easy task that anyone can accomplish without any difficulty. It follows a procedure that includes some simple steps. It doesn’t matter how your Windows 10 computer is connected to the internet; you can quickly turn your PC into a hotspot. So, now, let’s see the procedures for enabling and disabling the Mobile Hotspot feature in your Windows 10 computer. Here’s what you need to do:
The Steps to Set up the Mobile Hotspot Feature on Windows 10 Computer
Mentioned below are the steps that anyone should follow to activate the Hotspot feature in Windows 10 computer.
- To Setup the feature, firstly, go to the “Start” menu and select the option of “Settings”.
- Then, click on the “Network and Internet” option and go through the “Mobile Hotspot”.
- And now, after reaching the “Share My Internet Connection From” screen, choose and click on the internet connection that you would like to share with your other devices.
- And next, click on the “Edit” button and then type your network name and password.
- Click on the option of “Save” to save the changes.
- And finally, toggle the button to turn on the “Share My Internet Connection With other Devices” settings.
And now, you have successfully set up the Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 computer. You can easily connect your other devices with your computer’s network. After enabling this functionality, if you want to deactivate it, then here’s the way to do so:
The Steps to Enable/Disable the Mobile Hotspot Feature in Windows 10
If you wish to disable the feature, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- If you are going to disable the Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 computer, firstly, open the Registry Editor by pressing the key combination Windows + R.
- And now, type “Regedit” in the run dialogue box and press enter.
- In the Registry Editor Window, go through the following location:
- In the Network Connection tab in the right pane, you need to right-click in the empty area and now select the option “New” and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Next, assign a name to the newly created registry and keep the value as “0”. Complete the process by clicking on the “Ok” button. After this, the Mobile Hotspot feature is disabled on your laptop.
- To enable the feature using the Registry Editor, simply change the value of the created registry from 0 to 1. After this, the Mobile Hotspot feature will get enabled again.
So, this was about enabling and disabling the Mobile Hotspot feature in Windows 10 computers. Using this feature will be very beneficial for anyone. If you haven’t tried this feature yet, then go now and explore it. And share your experience with us. To get more updates like this, you can go through our website.